Employment-Based Immigration


Employment-Based Immigration

Individuals who are educated and skilled, and also have job offers, can immigrate to the US. If you are coming to the US for employment, and want to obtain a green card or migrate here, get in touch with us. At The Law Office of Kevork Adanas, P.C., we specialize in employment-based immigration, including green employment cards and work visas. We can help you obtain the right to work in the United States legally.

At The Law Office of Kevork Adanas, P.C. strive to make the immigration process smooth and quick, which otherwise can be daunting and stressful. This is because employment-based immigration is limited to only 140,000 individuals annually. The process of obtaining permanent residence based on employment can be a holy grail, including three difficult phases.

These phases include:

  1. The employer should get a labor certification. This can be acquired from the Labor Department in the US.
  2. Next, file a petition to the immigration service on behalf of the employee located outside the US for immigrant classification. 
  3. The foreign national should apply to the immigration service for LPR status (Lawful Permanent Resident) status.

Please note that in some situations, a labor certification may not be needed.  At The Law Office of Kevork Adanas, P.C., we bring to each client the knowledge and experience that we have gained from hundreds of immigration cases. Our lawyers have vast experience in immigrant and non-immigrant visas. 

Immigrant Visa 

Also known as the permanent visa, this visa has five different types. Each of the five visas applies to a different worker category, such as:

  • EB-1—Individuals that possess extraordinary ability in select fields 
  • EB-2—Individuals with advanced degrees and exceptional skills in select fields 
  • EB-3—Professional and skilled workers 
  • EB-4—“Special Immigrants” such as religious workers or retired employees of international organizations 
  • EB-5— Business Investors 

Non-Immigrant Visa 

This visa allows employees to work in the US temporarily. The process involves the employer to file a sponsorship petition on your behalf with the Form I-129 at least six months before your date of joining. The completed paperwork is then sent to the US Embassy, after which visa shall be received. 

Based on their experience and legal knowledge, our immigration lawyers can help you select the specific visa type you will need to work in the US legally and assist your employer throughout the process.

If you have any questions or need assistance with employment-based immigration, feel free to contact us online or call us at 201-592-9190.


Kevork Adanas is an experienced, skilled and knowledgeable lawyer strongly committed to providing top quality and efficient legal services to corporate clients with complete satisfaction. Adanas focuses on building long-term relationships with clients by working in their best interest and ensuring that they get their targeted results. Overall, he strives to make the process simple, smooth, and stress-free.


Based in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey and Clifton, New Jersey, Kevork Adanas P.C. provides comprehensive immigration, real estate and business law services to clients New Jersey and New York, including Hudson, Essex, Bergen, Union, Passaic and Middlesex counties in New Jersey and cities such as Clifton, Paterson, Jersey City, Hoboken, Newark, Hackensack, Bayonne, Passaic, East Orange, Union City and Paramus.

Contact Us