US Citizenship and Naturalization
The journey to US citizenship is a difficult and a long one but the process can become simple and fast when you have an experienced and skilled law firm to handle your case. This is why immigrants choose us. At The Law Office of Kevork Adanas, P.C., we have a team of experienced and passionate immigrant lawyers that work relentlessly on every case, because for us, the most reward experience is to see our clients win US citizenship.
Naturalization—What is it?
If you're above 18 and wish to become a US citizen, then you will have to go through the naturalization process. However, in order to apply for naturalization, you must fulfill at least one of the following circumstances:
- You have a green card, and have resided in the US for 5 (five) years
- Your spouse is a US citizen and has lived in the US for 3 (three) years or more
- You have asylum and lived in the US for 4 (four) years
- You are a permanent resident of the US and have served the military, and it has been at least 3 years since you have lived in the country
Moreover, if you qualify then you must prove that:
- You have adequate knowledge about the U.S. government and history
- You can speak, write and read the English language
Get in touch with us today for quality guidance about the naturalization process works. Our immigration lawyers will provide you with step-by-step assistance and guide you through the process smoothly.
Are there other ways to get US Citizenship?
Yes, there are other ways to become a citizen. However, most of them apply only to children, such as children born overseas, who can become US citizens if their parents are US citizens.